Tuesday 21 March 2017

Graffiti Street

Graffiti Street

As I walk into the cold, damp alleyway, I realize. I have made a huge mistake. This isn’t the small, short alleway the leads onto my road. This is graffiti heaven! The walls are covered with graffiti!!! There are frogs, skulls, cyborgs and just words. You name it, it was there! And then, I see a shadow, moving towards me. I quickly duck behind a bin, and then shadow moves past. But, the shadow has an owner. A ripped, patched hooded jumper cover the face, casting a gloomy shadow over the face, which I didn’t get to see. Moving down, navy blue jeans covered the person's legs. It’s shoes which, must have been white once, accommodated it’s feet. It’s toes pointed out of the front. The figure passes, and I move away, down to the end of the alley. I pass countless air-con units, mounted high on the wall, with people’s names on them. Dozens of multi-coloured dumpsters come into my sight, filled over the brim with cardboard and wood.

I have been here a while so far. The alley is pretty long. These are just some of the things I have seen ( excluding the things that I pointed out before. )

  • Monsters,
  • Countless words named ‘bash!’
  • Jokers
  • Scary clowns
  • Stick men
  • Pokemon

I can’t believe the graffiti here! In a way, it’s awesome! But, it’s still illegal. I guess that’s the fun of it, sneaking out after dark keeping a watch out for police and quickly spray-painting what you want to do. I don’t understand how the walls are filled up with with graffiti, and more keeps getting painted on. One day, someone should just paint the whole wall white so there’s a clear space. I wonder if the police know about this? There’s not much point in them getting involved. It will all just start again! They could just put cctv cameras up, but then it would move to a different wall.

Oh! Shoot! There is another shadow coming! I better go! BYE!

By Hugh  

3 comments: